Tuesday, March 3, 2009
A Whirlwind of Emotions
As I sit here today knowing tomorrow I will have a baby, I am full of different emotions. I am so excited to finally hold this sweet little baby I have been caring for 41 weeks and 2 days. I am so excited to know if it is a boy or girl. I love delivery and being in the hospital holding a newborn baby. I love visitors if anyone wants to come see me :). With all of that said, I am struggling with leaving my other five children. Even though I have wonderful family who is more than willing to help, I want them with me. I told Zack last night I wish I could just do a home birth. That would make things alot easier. Not that I want to be the one to clean up the mess, but other than that it would be great! I am struggling with Cy and Piper not being my babies. How are they going to handle the addition and mommy sharing her time and attention with someone else. I have been through this enough to know it will all work out, but the more kids I have the harder it is for me. I don't think it helps that my hormones are in overdrive. I am also struggling with having to be induced. I need to just relax and get over this fact because I can not change it, but I don't like it. I am just hoping my body can go into labor on its own tonight, but if it doesn't I am just praying I can be positive and enjoy the experience. When I was pregnant with Cy and Piper, my doctor told me that I would have to have an epidural. I really struggled with that. I didn't want to, but once I got over it and got the epidural I found out it wasn't so bad. Actually it was kinda fun. I am hoping this experience will be the same. And hey if I've got to be induced why not get the epidural and make it fun!! Who knows what I will do. I don't!! Thank goodness I have a wonderful, loving, calm husband who can help me through my out of control moments (I don't know why I act surprised when my daughters are so dramatic; they come by it honestly). I don't know what I would do without him. So hopefully my next post will be about our new son or daughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Can't wait!!!!
Love you Kenz and am glad we are staying longer. The love that you have for labor and delivery will wash out all the bad when it comes down to it, I am sure.
I am excited for you! I hope that you will be able to relax and enjoy your new sweet blessing! Good Luck!
Mckenzie, I feel like I understand exactly what you are saying in more than one way. I remember so much feeling so sorry for my baby the night before I knew I would be going into be induced. I wanted to go in labor so bad so I wouldn't have to think about it. It is just very emotional. The good points are you know when the baby is coming and you can fully prepare. You can do this whole induction without an epidurial!!! You are my toughest friend. You are the most organized person I know it is so funny that you don't find out what you are having or have never been induced. I'll be praying for you all day tomorrow and can't wait to meet your new little fowler! Good luck Love you bunches and bunches! rem. if you want a castor oil shake come on over...I'll get the blender out!!!
I can only say amen to Gretchen's comment. you are by far the WOMAN! I admire you so much. i know how you feel. even though family is watching your little ones, you want and need them by your side. Just enjoy your "alone" time in the hospital because before you know it, you will be home, Zack will be at work, the twins will be dancing on the table, the baby will be crying and you will be wondering how in the world you will manage. You will though. I am so excited to finally know what the baby is. Keep us posted.
Love you,
Lisa
I will certainly be thinking of you!! He or she will be so adorable.
Teresa
I'm so glad you expressed all this. I can't imagine all that you are feeling. I'm anxious to see what this baby is going to be and how it's going to be. We'll find out tomorrow! Love you tons!
What a sweet and wonderful time for you! Everything is going to be great tomorrow. We can't wait to meet this sweet little baby. We love you!!!
Hi McKenzie, I wanted to say hi and good luck! I agree with Gretchen and Lisa. You are awesome! When I had my 6th at home with a midwife I had to be induced, but when she broke my water my body quickly went into strong labor by itself. Maybe the same will happen to you. I echoed many of your emotions the night before my babies were born. I'll be thinking of you.
i imagine i would be feeling the exact same as you mckenzie. i am also excited to see what new little personality you are bringing to this world, no doubt, sweet and kind (alright, he or she may have a phase of terror but they'll come around to be like the rest ;) he he). I am praying for you right now and again in the morning when I wake up that you will have a dream of labor and delivery and your baby will be healthy and happy AND that it will only seem but a small moment before you are reunited with your 5 other gifts from Heavenly Father. :) *hug*
You are my hero! I don't know how you do it...I'm anxious about being away from Claire when I have the baby and can't imagine what you're feeling about being away from all of your babies! If anyone can handle it, it's you. Just know that you are loved and everything always works out the way that is intended. Good luck and I can't wait to meet the newest Fowler!
We are excited for you!! All will go well. Love you!!
I can't wait to find out what you'll being having...You know, It's been killing me not to know and its not even my child! You'll do great and I'll be thinking of you!
Post a Comment