Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Conversations

One of my favorite things to do is listen to my children have conversations with each other. I do not record them enough and know I will regret that one day. Tonight the boys got home late from wrestling practice and they were hungry. They fixed some bowls of oatmeal and went to the table. I was in the kitchen when I heard the following conversation.

(Logan was very tired and grumpy)

Logan: I hate wrestling practice. It is too much work.
Landon: Logan, that is how we get better.
Logan: But my legs hurt.
Landon: That is a good thing. That means you are going to get stronger.
Logan: What if my legs still hurt tomorrow? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Landon: It is a good thing. In a few days they will stop hurting and you will be stronger.
Logan: okay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those boys melt my heart! What a good big brother and such a trusting younger brother.

Mama Mary said...

Ditto to MK! Ahhhh!!