Thursday, July 28, 2011
Something New
I have patiently (that is the new part...I am never patient) been trying to find bunk beds for the boys and the girls rooms. I check craigslist several times a day. There was finally a posting in Murfreesboro. The beds were brand new delivered 7/19. They were too big for the room they were bought for. The people were selling for $350. I didn't have $350, but thought since it was in Murfreesboro I would go look at it. They lived two minutes from my house. I showed up that night and the man told me they were out back. They were getting ready to store them in their storage shed. He had taken the beds apart and they were still in the original boxes. The lady said if I would take them right then she would sell them to me for $50. The neighbor came over to help load 10 boxes of bunk beds in my van. I was determined to make it fit. Spent the next day assembling the beds, and I think I got a great deal. Still don't understand why she was willing to sell for $50, but I am so grateful. She said she just wanted them to go to someone who could use them. I assured her they would definitely be used and appreciated. I already had mattresses and bedding so it was perfect!! Now if I can just find a deal on a set of white bunk beds!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my word that makes me want to cry!!! How perfect. That is very rare to be able to find such a good deal on bunk beds... good luck with finding more, I think I should start looking for some more too. When we made ours we were only like $20 shy of what it would of cost to buy some, so much for saving money. :)
Wow! That is one heck of a deal. I love them!!
Awesome deal!!! Seriously awesome. And you are one that deserves it!! I am so happy you found them. Now, you know there will be white ones out there for the girls. :)
that is so amazing what a sweet gift. they look great in the room too.
Post a Comment