Friday, December 7, 2007

Family

On Monday, December 3rd, Mama Kate, my mom's mother, passed away. She fell the Friday after Thanksgiving and broke her leg. She was not able to recover. As hard as it is to lose a loved one, I know she is in a better place and is no longer suffering. We had a service in honor of her on Thursday. It was great to see cousins and other family members and friends I had not seen in awhile.

Mary Kathryn and her sweet family flew in at midnight Monday night. We have had a great week playing with Alexis and Hailey. Though it is crazy at times, it is so fun to see the cousins together.

I am so grateful for the knowledge I have that families can be together forever. I know that I will be with my family forever. That is such a comfort to me. I love my family very much and enjoyed the opportunity we had to be together this week.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I second everything you said. That was very sweet! Thank you for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

I am gald I listened to my husband and came and that he (and granddaddy and mama mary) made it possible for all of us to come. We are having a blast and will miss all the excitement when we get back home.