Sunday, November 30, 2008
Fingers and Doors
For some reason my kids have trouble keeping their fingers out of closing doors. This weekend we all decided to go run errands. We were in Lowe's parking lot when the drama unfolded. I had Logan, Cy, and Piper and we headed toward the van. Zack, Landon, and Mia were right behind us. Logan was being such a good listener that he went straight to the van ready to get in. I pushed the button to open the door the same time he pulled the handle. The door got stuck so I pushed the button again. The only problem was his hand was in the door. He managed to get everything out but his thumb. The door closed completely on his thumb. He is standing there screaming and I am frantically trying to get the door open. It seemed like an eternity before it would open. I felt so horrible. His thumb is sore and a little swollen but looks amazingly great. I was thankful it was not any worse and that Zack was with me to keep everything calm. He did leave our cart somewhere in the parking lot to come over and help me, but it wasn't busy so it was still there once we got everyone situated and calmed down. All Logan cared about was getting to snuggle with Daddy in his chair when we got home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Poor little guy- and thos darn door and the supposable sensors. We have done some tests and I could see how that could happen.
I just did that to Kierstyn not too long ago. Unfortunately it was smooshed pretty bad. Good thing our kids were made so tough!
Oh no! I would have freaked! It probably is a good thing Zack was there.
Ouch! Amazing that all your kiddos still have all their fingers and thumbs 'cause you guys sure get smashed way too often. His thumb did look amazingly well, considering. That had to be SO frightening! Yeah for Zack's calmness :>) Proof that bad things do happen to good people ~ sorry, Logan, that you go hurt even when you had your listening ears on.
Post a Comment