Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Caroling

The Monday before Christmas I had taken Kierstyn and Mia shopping with me. In the car I was playing my favorite Christmas CD, when they asked me to turn it off. They said they wanted to sing on their own. These girls sang, and sang, and sang Christmas carols. I loved it! It was then we decided we needed to go Christmas caroling for Family Home Evening. We called Kyler, Landon, and Trevin to see if they wanted to join us. Kyler and Landon decided they did. We eventually all ended up at my house, made goodies for all our neighbors, then headed out caroling. By this time Cy and Piper were asleep, so I stayed on the front porch while they walked around delivering goodies and singing carols. To rewind a little. While we were waiting for the last of the cookies to bake, I told them to go upstairs and decide what they were going to sing. They came up with the songs, gave each other parts, and practiced. They were so cute. I could see and hear them at all the houses. My neighbors loved it!!! They all said they had never had carolers before. One neighbor took pictures of them. It was freezing that night. My neighbors were good sports to come outside and listen. The kids would not start singing until they were outside. Some tried to listen through their glass door, but the kids wanted them to open the door before they would sing. It was a very successful night!!!

After eating the goodies they got at each of the houses, we went upstairs to start rearranging rooms. I knew Zack was going to be putting in some late hours, so I took advantage of having two extra helping hands. One of these days, I will be content with how things are arranged. Thanks to Kyler's great suggestion we moved Mia into the boys room and made her room a playroom. Who knows all five of the kids may be in the same room in a few months. I haven't gotten all that figured out yet. I was grateful for all the help moving beds, dressers, tables, and shelves.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first thing Kyler told me about was "getting" to help move the beds. He thought it was great fun! They both LOVED caroling....you were so good to have them do that. Great memories!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I wanted the kids to carol this year but it has been too cold for us- maybe we will carol in the summertime. :) You and your poor room situation. Hope this new arrangement will work at least for awhile.

Mama Mary said...

Fun memories of caroling ~ and it was SO cold that night ~ very burry!! Sounds as though you have hit the nesting phase in full force ~ ready or not baby # 6 will be here before you, and we, know it ~ yikes! How fun!!!