Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Celebrations

We had our first Christmas celebration the Saturday before Christmas with my family. Most were going to be out of town for Christmas so we opted to get together early. It was great to let the cousins exchange their gifts and play together. We ate our traditional sausage casserole, watched Luke II, and acted out the nativity.

On Christmas Eve we went to the Farm. Santa came while we were there. He always stops at the farm in Christiana and lets the reindeer have a rest. Somehow he always loses a reindeer. The kids were able to wave to him, but he had to hurry on his way because he had to find his reindeer and had lots of presents to deliver. He did leave a bag of goodies on the front porch for the kids. We ate dinner, the kids exchanged their gifts, and the adults played the white elephant game. It was a fun night!!

Christmas Day we got to stay home!!! It was wonderful. The kids loved being able to open their gifts and stay home and play with them all day. Some of my family and some of Zack's family came by for a little bit. We ate and played all day!! It was a great Christmas.

Since Christmas we have not done much but stay home and play. The kids have been so excited not to have to go anywhere. I have loved it myself. Thankfully I was caught up on laundry, stocked up on groceries, and semi caught up on house work that I have not worried about much. I have enjoyed playing and watching the kids play with their new Christmas toys.

Now that all the Christmas decorations are down it is time to clean house and get ready for baby #6. We may never be ready but it is time for reality to sink in that we are going to have another baby in a few short months. Ready or not it is coming!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exhausting as always!! And it must run in the fam because my Christmas stuff was down Christmas day last year to get ready for baby in February. This year I have till June so I am suffering through a few more weeks of clutter in the garage till I can get "permission" to put the rest of the decor away..

Mama Mary said...

Seems as though we really have been celebrating all year ~ :>) working on getting my decorations down. Takes me forever ~