When I got home she had been wiped up and only had a tiny cut on her finger. That little cut sure did bleed alot. She must have wiped it all over her face. She had blood in her hair, on her clothes, on the bedding, and all over her face. It looked so much worse than it was. Somehow before she went to sleep she found a piece of glass. I still do not know where but a few weeks earlier she had broken a picture frame. My only guess is that the piece of glass was hidden somewhere. Somehow she managed to shatter the glass in tons of pieces and then went to sleep on it. She never cried or called out or anything. I do not know how she only got one tiny cut on her finger but I am so grateful. There was so much glass I just took all the bedding off and threw it away. I was not going to risk a little piece being stuck in the sheet and cutting Adaleigh. I vacuumed, and vacuumed, and vacuumed some more. I still don't know if it is all up.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
My sweet, dear Piper
Mia gets out of school one hour before Landon. We usually drive straight to his school and sit in line. Well, since Zack has been down with his back my schedule has been thrown off. I don't know why I just have not been functioning like normal. One day last week Piper had finally taken a nap. It was time to go get the kids from school and I really did not want to wake her. I decided since Zack was home and it only takes me ten minutes max I would leave her asleep and go get Mia. After I got Mia, we came straight home. She was still asleep. We had a busy night ahead of us so I really wanted her to get her sleep. I waited as long as I could before I needed to go get Landon but she was still asleep. I told Mia to go sit outside Piper's door and read so that she could get her out if she woke up. (Zack was not able to get up and go get her out.) Mia is a great babysitter and with Zack's supervision I thought it would be fine. I get to Landon's school only to get a phone call from home. Zack said, "How long are you going to be." I could tell by his voice something was wrong. Without answering, I asked what was wrong. He proceeded to tell me Piper was awake and there was broken glass all in the bed (Adaleigh's bed because that is where she takes her naps) and she was covered in blood. Zack was helpless. There was not much he could do. I told him I would be right home. Thankfully I have family close by that was able to quickly get to the school to get Landon while I went home to see what in the world was going on. Poor Mia is the one that found her like that. Zack said she was pale when she came downstairs to tell him.
When I got home she had been wiped up and only had a tiny cut on her finger. That little cut sure did bleed alot. She must have wiped it all over her face. She had blood in her hair, on her clothes, on the bedding, and all over her face. It looked so much worse than it was. Somehow before she went to sleep she found a piece of glass. I still do not know where but a few weeks earlier she had broken a picture frame. My only guess is that the piece of glass was hidden somewhere. Somehow she managed to shatter the glass in tons of pieces and then went to sleep on it. She never cried or called out or anything. I do not know how she only got one tiny cut on her finger but I am so grateful. There was so much glass I just took all the bedding off and threw it away. I was not going to risk a little piece being stuck in the sheet and cutting Adaleigh. I vacuumed, and vacuumed, and vacuumed some more. I still don't know if it is all up.
When I got home she had been wiped up and only had a tiny cut on her finger. That little cut sure did bleed alot. She must have wiped it all over her face. She had blood in her hair, on her clothes, on the bedding, and all over her face. It looked so much worse than it was. Somehow before she went to sleep she found a piece of glass. I still do not know where but a few weeks earlier she had broken a picture frame. My only guess is that the piece of glass was hidden somewhere. Somehow she managed to shatter the glass in tons of pieces and then went to sleep on it. She never cried or called out or anything. I do not know how she only got one tiny cut on her finger but I am so grateful. There was so much glass I just took all the bedding off and threw it away. I was not going to risk a little piece being stuck in the sheet and cutting Adaleigh. I vacuumed, and vacuumed, and vacuumed some more. I still don't know if it is all up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can't believe it!! Mom is calling C the new Piper and I am SCARED!! :)
I don't even know what to say.
wow! that is a lot of glass too! dang! i'm glad she's ok. :)
You have got to write a book!
Post a Comment