I think we all have learned something through this situation and I am sure we will continue to learn things. I definitely have a greater appreciation for the help Zack gives me. It is no easy duty by myself. I think he will have a greater appreciation for the little things we always take for granite but that he is not able to do right now. The kids are ready for Zack to be better. The other day Mia said she couldn't wait till Daddy's back was better so she could give him big hugs and he could play with them. This morning when we were leaving for church Piper asked if Daddy was going. I told her no and she said "His back hurts? I don't like his back." I can only hope and pray he continues to make improvements each day.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Sleeping arrangements
Zack has been down with his back for three weeks now. He spends most of the day laying on the hard floor. It has been a very long, hard three weeks for everyone. After a week of physical therapy, we are finally seeing a little improvement. He is moving around much better and is able to sit for short periods of time. He was waking up every morning in worse condition than when he went to bed, so we decided to change mattresses. We have a king size pillow top mattress that is very comfortable but horrible for Zack's back. Landon and Logan have a full size mattress that is firmer, so we traded with them. Since I was the only one able to move mattresses, I just took our king size mattress and put it on the boys floor and put the full on our king size box springs. I have found my cozy little spot on the box springs next to the mattress. I try to sleep on the mattress but the minute I get up to feed Adaleigh my spot is gone. The firmer mattress seems to be helping him sleep better and not waking up in as much pain. I am willing to sleep anywhere as long as it will help him get better! We may never get our mattress back from the boys as they are loving it!
I think we all have learned something through this situation and I am sure we will continue to learn things. I definitely have a greater appreciation for the help Zack gives me. It is no easy duty by myself. I think he will have a greater appreciation for the little things we always take for granite but that he is not able to do right now. The kids are ready for Zack to be better. The other day Mia said she couldn't wait till Daddy's back was better so she could give him big hugs and he could play with them. This morning when we were leaving for church Piper asked if Daddy was going. I told her no and she said "His back hurts? I don't like his back." I can only hope and pray he continues to make improvements each day.
I think we all have learned something through this situation and I am sure we will continue to learn things. I definitely have a greater appreciation for the help Zack gives me. It is no easy duty by myself. I think he will have a greater appreciation for the little things we always take for granite but that he is not able to do right now. The kids are ready for Zack to be better. The other day Mia said she couldn't wait till Daddy's back was better so she could give him big hugs and he could play with them. This morning when we were leaving for church Piper asked if Daddy was going. I told her no and she said "His back hurts? I don't like his back." I can only hope and pray he continues to make improvements each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are CRAZY McKenzie- but I know you do it for the love of your husband, which makes you an even better person than you already are. :) You make me laugh. I hope that box springs does you well. :) No wonder you didn't wake up the other night when Adaleigh was crying, you didn't want to lose your spot.
Pipers comment was funny about Zack's back.
We all hope and pray that Zack gets better soon! Our prayers are with you!
WE LOVE YOU ALL!!!
What a crazy life you are leading right now. Why do crazy things have to happen to appreciate things a little more? I think you are in need of a king size firmer mattress... and I will take that full one (isn't that my old mattress, I LOVE IT!!) Good luck with everything. We are praying for you here and I am wishing I was there to help.
McKenzie ~ you are MY hero!
Post a Comment