We have had the best time with all the snow we got. I will post pictures later.
The first day the kids built snowmen. They were going to build one for each person in our family. They did not finish that day but wanted to finish the next. Well, all the ice came over night and it was not good snow to build anything. No big deal, they were satisfied with what they had. Well, on the third day I look out my window and see two little boys in our yard destroying the kids snowmen. I was a little surprised to see them in the yard and then more surprised to see them knocking over the snowmen. The biggest shock was when I realized their mom was standing in the street watching them. I do not know these little boys or their mom. When the kids came down and saw their snowmen destroyed, they were very upset. Landon was upset at first but when I told him they were probably around five years old he was fine with it. He said, "well that explains it!" Mia on the other hand will probably never forget it. She wanted a full description of what they looked like. She was upset with me because I didn't open the door and explain to them how hard they had worked. She wanted to go to their house and challenge them to a snowball fight... our family against their family. She said they wouldn't have a chance. Or better yet, Logan could just wrestle them. I understand kids do crazy things sometimes. Mine have done their fair share, but I guarantee you they wouldn't get away with it if I was watching. Mia plopped herself in a chair in front of the window just hoping they would come back because she wanted to give them a piece of her mind. I tried to explain to her that it was okay and was best to just try not to let it upset her so much. The damage was done and their was nothing we could do at that point. She finally went and played, but every once in awhile would say, "We worked so hard on those snowmen. I can't believe they would do that." I know it doesn't seem like much but she had spent hours outside working on them to make them perfect and was so sad to see them destroyed in a matter of minutes. Plus she is female and we tend to overreact sometimes, just sometimes!! The hard lessons of life we have to learn!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I am surprised you didn't swing your door open!! I love that Mia wanted to challenge them knowing full well her big family would cream any other family!!! Poor thing-
Seriously?! What heathens!!! Sure, kids will be kids....but who says they have to be kids while their mom stands by and watches?! If that ever happens again, you'd better go wake Mia so she can give them what they've got coming! GEEZ!
i would like a full description also so "i" can challenge them to a snowball fight. booooooooooo neighbors. :( EVERYONE knows how much fun you have while building a snowman and they should know, 99% of the time, CHILDREN are making them. it is really sad that she would, even if she only saw the end result, allow her kids to get away with it. :-/. and for me... when we've build a snowman, I like to see how long it takes to melt. so BOO to the neighbors again. sorry.
Hi McKenzie!
I found your blog from Meghan's and thought I'd say hello!
I've got a couple of blogs too, if you ever want to stop by:
Here's our family blog:
littlefamilyjld.blogspot.com
And I'll be keeping my eye out for those pesky Snowman-Destroyers disguised as 5 year olds and their moms......
Oh! I would have let them and their mama's have it. "Get off my lawn!!" I really can not comprehend what goes through some people's minds!!
What were they thinking?!?!?! Seriously, that is SO rude! Landon is SO Zack . . . and Mia. . .well, SO female! You'll never find her knocking down someone's snowfamily! Bring on the challenge!!
Poor little Mia. I hate that.
How funny! LAndon is most definately his daddy. So easy going. I am afraid I would have probably made an enemy of some neighbors had that been me. : (
Post a Comment