Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Power of Prayer

We have had some very amazing things happen in our family lately. They may not seem like much to anyone else, but they have meant alot to us. I just wanted to take the opportunity to share a few of them so we can look back and be reminded of the Lord's hand in everything.

We have been praying for the past few months that our house would sell and that the timing would work out. To be honest we had started to get a little discouraged. I got very tired of hearing that they loved our house, it was very clean, BUT the floor plan upstairs didn't work for them.

We had gone several days without any showings. Finally we had two appointments scheduled. One was a Wednesday night and the other was Thursday night. We gathered all the children together (all of the cousins that were in town at this point) and prayed before each showing. I was just hoping that the right person would come through and fall in love with the house like we did. We did not hear anything Wednesday or Thursday about the showings so I assumed we still didn't have a buyer.

It was Friday morning and we were preparing to register the kids for school and then go play laser tag with all of my family. Thankfully Zack had the day off. We got a call around 10:00am from our realtor that we had a contract. We were thrilled. We spent the next few hours running numbers and trying to figure out what would work best. We finally decided on a counter offer and called our realtor back. The couple accepted our counter offer!! We officially have a contract on the house and will close on the 27th. The timing could not have been any more perfect.

We headed out to register the kids for school. We headed to John Pittard first and then to Discovery School. Everything was fine, but I just wasn't thrilled with how I felt while at Discovery School. I pulled Landon over in the hallway to confirm with him that he still wanted to attend Discovery School. It was a definite yes. So we completed the registration there and headed on our way. A few minutes later I get a call on my cell from a number I did not recognize. I answered it thinking it would have to do with our house. It was Campus School calling to tell me they had a slot for Landon for 4th grade, but I had 1 hour to let them know if we wanted to take it. I did not even know Campus School was an option. I had signed Landon up when he was four but had not thought about it since then. I didn't know what to do. I did know that Campus gives siblings preference so that the following year I could have the other two there. It seemed good to me but I didn't know why. I didn't really know anything about the school. Having very limited time to make such a big decision I pulled Landon into a room and talked to him. I told him to pray about it and let us know what he thought. Zack and I also talked and prayed about it. We all came to the conclusion that we would move him to Campus School. When I called back to tell them we wanted the slot they asked if he had any siblings. They immediately had an opening for Logan but we would have to wait till registration on Wednesday to see if there was a slot for Mia.

We were not anxious for Wednesday to come because that was the day Trip and his family were leaving, but we were anxious to know if Mia was going to be able to attend Campus with her brothers. We registered Logan and Landon that morning and waited to hear about Mia. Wednesday was a very hard day!! I will post more about that later, but it was so hard to say good-bye to the Meredith's. I took all of their kids to the airport so their carseats could already be packed. When I got back to pick up my kids, I got a call that there was a spot for Mia but I had to come to the school immediately to register her. So all three kids will be in the same school!! This was not even something I had considered. We are very happy with Campus School and excited for this year!!

I am so very thankful for prayer. I know our prayers have been heard and answered in the best way for our family. It may not have been our plan but when we put our faith in the Lord everything seemed to work out for the best.

13 comments:

Mama Mary said...

:>)

Anonymous said...

So glad you wrote this down. A truly amazing, awesome story you won't ever want to forget. You have most definitely been blessed!

Vivian said...

What wonderful blessings! I am very happy for your family.

Denise said...

The Lord is good to you....and me....and everyone else!

Meghan said...

What a memorable week we had with everything going on. I think we all need a vacation now to rest from our emotions and being on the edge of our seats. :)

I am very grateful it has all worked out.

I just saw Mia as we were passing by the school yard- she was playing outside. We yelled her name and waved at her. Heath loved it!

Jennifer M. said...

Many blessings indeed! You deserve every single one!!! :)

lisapenn said...

What a blessing to be able to have all the kdis in ONE school! That will make your life a little bit easier for sure. What an emotional roller coaster your entire family has been on for the past few weeks. We love your family!

Denise Skelton said...

Yay for you all! :) I cannot believe Landon is in 4th grade! Hope you all are doing well! Where are you moving to?

Lila said...

i love it mckenzie. congratulations on so many wonderful things come your way (and here's to even more wonderful things to come!). xoxo

Lindsey's Story said...

I'm so happy your house sold!!! And that you won't have to drive all over town to pick up your kids-What a time saver. You can breathe now!
Have I ever mentioned that you are an amazing example to me and a GREAT mother and example to your kids!!!!!!

MotherMonkee said...

Hooray!! McKenzie! I am so glad about your house! You are an amazing example of faith!

Jenny said...

It is so humbling to really know and feel the Lords hand it your life when you need it so much. Thank you for sharing your experience. It does sound like a big deal and a blessing that will make your life so much easier.

gretchen said...

I love this story...It's so good to remember HIS timing is so important and it's his hand that leads us. Thanks you so much for reminding us! Love you my sweet friend! Now for the moving!!!