Today was the Kindergarten Thanksgiving feast. I was in charge of organizing the feast. Thankfully there are other wonderful moms who made all the delicious food. I just had to get all the food assignments made, decorating done, and food on the table. On our way to school this morning, Landon was talking about how first grade had their feast and program on Friday. It all of a sudden dawned on me that I would be doing this feast for the next five years. Now that I have one year under my belt, I feel better prepared for the next five. I will organize any day over having to cook, especially for fifty other people.
Today also made me realize how very thankful I am that I am able to help in their classrooms. My mom never missed anything and still doesn't for that matter. She was by my side today helping in every way. I don't know how she did it. I do miss alot of their activities, but I try to make it to as much as I can. I am also grateful that they want me there.
As I was standing in the parking lot talking to another mom, I hear Landon yelling for me. He wasn't very close but wanted to say hi and wave. He happened to be walking next to the son of the mother I was talking to. Her son put his head down and didn't say anything. I am thankful for the great children I have. They each have such different personalities, but I love them for that!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Alexis has her feast tomorrow-- this is a first for us but Adam and I were both reminiscing of our grade school days and feasts! I get to help since Adam has the day off and am so excited. I feel sorry for my older kids they are getting jipped having me help in the class- hope to make it up to them someday.
:) that is very nice.
You do have great kids! We miss them! I can only imagine that the Thanksgiving Feast was the best organized event ever. :) They are lucky to have you!
You are an amazing mom!! We had such a great example!!
Post a Comment