Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dance Recital


Saturday night was Mia's dance recital. She has been looking forward to this day for a year now. She loves to dance and even better to dance on stage in front of hundreds of people. This year she graduated to the "Big Show". She was in the show with all the older kids- which is super cool for a five year old. The past two years she has been in the "wee-cital". The "wee-cital" last about 45 minutes. The "Big Show" lasted 3 hours!!!! It was a great show, but very long. It helped that we had several friends in the show that were in lots of dances.



Meghan came over and put make-up on Mia. I fixed her hair and covered her in glitter. Her favorite part of dancing on the stage is wearing make-up and glitter!!! We dropped her off in her dressing room and headed out to find our seats. Landon came to the show with me and Zack stayed home with the other kids. It was almost 2 hours into the show before Mia danced. She said she wasn't bored in the dressing room. She loved watching the other girls come in and out and change into their different costumes. She had a list of her favorite costumes. There was a full length mirror near where she was sitting. She was happy to stand in front of it and look at herself. She also took her leapster and was so glad because everyone sat around her and watched. Have I said she loves to be the center of attention. When I asked her if she shared, she said "Yes, anyone who wanted some of my lipstick I let them have some." That wasn't exactly what I was talking about- I was referring to the leapster. Landon was horrified. He then informed Mia it was very gross to share lipstick because you are sharing germs. Mia didn't really care. It was Meghan's lipstick that I doubt she wants back now.


Mia did an excellent job dancing!! Her favorite dance was Boogie Fever. She was all smiles and full of energy when it was over!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! That is the cutest thing. I can't wait to see the video and I hope we can see her on it. I wonder how long she would look at herself in the mirror. What a funny girl to share her lipstick. She is so precious!!

Denise Skelton said...

That is absolutely hilarious! Shared her lipstick!!!

Heather said...

She was so cute on that stage!!! I loved watching her...she is really good.
It is funny how the little ones are so content back stage just watching the "big girls" change in and out of costumes.
I will never forget Mer after her first recital and being back stage for so long she said "Mom I just had the time of my life"...I love it!!!

Meghan said...

I love all the pictures! And yes, Mia can keep my lipstick. :)

Kim said...

She is tooo cute - I love the posing!