Friday, June 13, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Tonight was our last lesson of my first set of swim lessons for the summer. I started teaching swimming lessons the summer of my 8th grade year. I taught with Nancy Levi. We taught at MTSU and Oakland High School. Once she retired her program I started teaching private lessons and still taught at MTSU occasionally. I taught every summer until the summer of 2002 when Mia was born. I really love teaching swimming lessons.

When Ethan was born, we had Chase, Connor, and Caroline staying with us. Being the crazy person I am, I took my five plus C, C, and C swimming at the YMCA. I decided then that Landon, Mia, Chase, Connor, and Caroline really needed swimming lessons. I didn't know how it would work, but we set the dates and made it work. Our plan was to do the lessons at night when Zack was home and could stay with our three youngest. Zack ended up having to work some late nights and Chase had a few baseball games, so we had to change our plan. I would take Logan, Piper, and Cy to Jen's house. I would put Piper and Cy down for their morning nap and pick up C, C, and C and head to the pool. We met their friend Emily there for swimming lessons. We had a great two weeks of swimming!! All six have turned into little fish. We have made great new friends with E and her parents. They are the sweetest family. I am so glad they could join us. We had a great lesson tonight and then celebrated with a pizza party! Great Job C, L, C, E, M, and C!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Adam has been working on the girls and their swimming. Maybe we should have a swim day when we are there and you can sneak in a few tips. :) I love that Landon still has his mohawk!

Anonymous said...

YOU are THE BESTEST teacher ~ so calm ~ even when . . . well, never mind. Mia was terrific for being the youngest in her group. They were all fish ~ very impressed with their swimming skills. Trip reminded me that Kelly was Connor's age when he began swimming on a swim team and swam no-breathers ~ easier for him than learn to swim and breathe. Great job to all your students ~ LOVE how Emily and Mia teamed up! FUN!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!Me and Kyler did our
swiming lessons with sister Thorum
(freind from church)From June 9th
to June 12th.We had so much
fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kierstyn!

Kim said...

I hope to see you again at the pool - we plan to be there every Wed at 9:30!!