I had my ultrasound and doctors appointment today. We don't find out the sex so you will have to wait 20 more weeks for that. Zack was convinced he could figure it out from the ultrasound and video. He did with Logan and the twins, but he is not so sure this time. The technician even had difficulty because the baby had its legs crossed. I like to be prepared and organized with almost everything else in my life, but this is one area that I like the surprise.
I was most excited that everything was great and I have the go ahead to run the half marathon next weekend. She does want me to decrease the running after next weekend and I won't argue with that. I definitely am not out to set any records; I just want to run, have fun, and finish the race.
I have been training with Stephanie, a good friend from church. Stephanie and I started running when I was looking for someone to help me get ready for a 5K on Memorial Day. We have been running since. I found out I was pregnant shortly after that race, but was convinced I was going to continue running this time. I had my mind set on the Murfreesboro Half Marathon. Everything was great until I started experiencing morning sickness. I won't go into detail, but it made for some rough runs. I finally had to confide in Stephanie that I was pregnant, but told her I was determined to run through it. I had the goal to run the Half Marathon but didn't know if I really would keep up with the training. I put off signing up till the very last minute. After our long run last Saturday, I figured I was safe to sign up. Now that I am signed up and have the doctors approval I am good to go!! Stephanie and I joke that if we can both stay on our feet during the race we will be happy. We have both had some bad falls during runs lately. I think it is the early hour of morning on dark roads we are running that has caused us to lose our balance. I'm sure mine has nothing to do with this ever growing stomach. I love our early morning runs and will miss them when the half marathon is over. It is the best way to start your day. It is about the only peace I get during the day. Stephanie is a nursing student and starts the hardest part of her semester right after the half marathon. She will be spending her early mornings studying or at the hospital for clinicals. It will take alot more discipline to convince myself to get out of bed at 4:30-4:45 to go run or walk by myself.
Well, I'm off to bed so I can get up early in the morning for our last long (but really not so long) run tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Can't wait to meet the new he or she. Good luck on the run - you are a true woman!!
Teresa
Whoo-hoo ~ you girls go ~ look for us at water station #3!!!!
You continue to simply AMAZE me!!!!
I echo Jen's comment!!!
You are incredible!! Supermom!
im excited for your race. i will try to be there to cheer you on and take blackmail shots! gRIN. i'm excited you have stephanie for a running buddy too. if i liked to run, it would be the only way for me to enjoy it. Good luck!
Also, so glad the baby is doing great. I'm also looking forward to meeting this new addition to your clan. smile.
YOU ARE SUPERWOMAN!!!
Post a Comment