The day did get better even though we missed having all our cousins here this year. Grandma, Mama Mary, and Grand-daddy came over to enjoy the day! The fireworks were close to our house this year so we just stood in the front yard and watched them.
Friday, July 10, 2009
July 4th
Saturday, July 4th started early and messy. I had stayed up way too late the night before and was not ready to get up when Piper and Cy woke up before 5am. (Zack had to be at work at 4am so he was up around 3am) I did get up with them, fed them breakfast, put a movie on, and made sure everything was closed, locked, and out of reach before I laid down on the couch. I dosed in and out until Adaleigh woke up around 6. I wanted her to go back to sleep so I fed her upstairs in the quite of her room. I could hear Piper and Cy downstairs. They were laughing and seemed to be having a good time. Little did I know just how much fun they were having. When I came downstairs I walked into the family room first and this was the first thing I saw.
Yes, that is a ketchup bottle that was full only minutes earlier. They had made it all through the room and disposed of it by the door near the steps. I entered the room further to see ketchup all over both chairs and ottomans, the rug, and all over the floor. It was not what I wanted to deal with but was glad it was not mustard.
As I went into the kitchen to get cleaner and towels to clean the family room, I found this. That is flax seeds, coconut flakes, plums, and whatever else was in my refrigerator all over the kitchen floor. This is where I found Piper and Cy. Since they had dumped most of what was in my refrigerator out they decided to push the water button inside the refrigerator to add a little water to the mix. It was one giant mess!!! It took me forever to clean it all up. I am still finding flax seeds. Underneath the refrigerator was just as bad as in front of the refrigerator. I remained calm and put both of them in time out. I did not notice that there were plums close to them. They sat there and smooshed plums with their feet. I didn't know if I could remain calm any longer so I gave up and let them go outside to play in the back yard while I cleaned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You are going straight to the Celestial Kingdom, my friend!
Seriously!! How do you do it? My goodness!!!
Did we REALLY agree to all this before??? Ever wonder if there was an alternative plan and you chose the BEST one? And how many of these "episodes" do you NOT tell us about?? You are amazing, absolutely amazing!
Oh my Kenz!!! I'll pray for you!!
I LOVE the individual pictures of the three youngest!!!
I had no idea how bad it was. I am so glad you made it a Kodak moment. You will need to show this to them one day. LOL Bless You!!
1st of all, there will be great rewards i heaven for mothers who have mercy on their children and let them play instead of hurt them! ;D LOL
second, what a great rest of the day filled with happy loving cuties with beautiful personalities. loved the pictures. ;)
First, I have to laugh, only because it wasn't my kids, of course!
Second, I agree with Jen!!!
Third, your little baby has the most beautiful face!! Too adorable!!
Isn't blogging the strangest thing? Instead of cleaning up the GIGANTIC mess right away you quick run to get your camera to take pictures! Love it!
You are a saint! Really and truly, someday I hope to be like you!
I am so behind on reading blogs, but now am somewhat caught up...
I love the pictures! Adaleigh is so cute! I just want to cuddle with her every time I see her!
Post a Comment