Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Break

We had a great Spring Break. On Monday Landon and Mia went swimming at Patterson Park with Aunt Karen, Isaac, and Nevin and then went to the farm to play. They had a blast!!

We took advantage of the great weather on Tuesday and headed for the Nashville Zoo. It was lots of fun. Everyone was great and enjoyed the day. There is one area where you go inside and look at reptiles and spiders. It is dark in there and no strollers allowed. We had taken Cy and Piper out and were holding their hands. At this one particular point, Zack and I each had one of Cy's hands. Before I knew it this little boy walks up and claws Cy in the face. It all happened so fast that I couldn't do anything and didn't say anything. I thought some very ugly comments. I know Cy didn't do anything to this kid because we had both of his hands. The kid went out of his way to get him. Once we got outside we could see the scratches down his face. Poor Cy always gets picked on. All I have to say is these kids better watch out because one of these days he is going to fight back and he is no small kid. Besides this one experience it was great. We ended the day by playing on the jungle gym and the small kids played in their play area.

Wednesday it was a rainy, yucky day. We spent the day at home being lazy.

Thursday we caught up on some house work and errands and then went to one of our favorite parks to play. Landon had money in his pocket for dinner so we went out for dinner. It was a nice treat. We actually found somewhere that three of the kids could eat for free, which was even better.

Friday we (the kids and I) headed to Chattanooga for a weekend of fun. Mia gets so car sick that any drive is not fun. We made it and only had to stop once on the way. I gave her a Dramamine but one did not do the trick. I gave her two on the way home. We hung out at J and K's house until it was time to go pick up the kids from school. Long enough for my kids to destroy her house. After we picked up cousins from school, we headed to the aquarium. It was lots of fun. My kids loved it. K2 had a piano recital that night and M went to watch that. I stayed home with the other kids. When they got home from the recital we had cake and ice cream for T's birthday!! Saturday the M family was helping with a 5K race on the mountain. K left early, J took K2 and M with her, T stayed home with Grandma J, and I headed up with the others. Driving up the mountain is not my thing and when you add thick fog I just couldn't do it. Unfortunately for my crew we had to turn around and go back to the house. I could not see a thing and had no idea where I was going. K2 and M were able to run the 1 mile fun run and loved it. I would have loved to see them, but I just couldn't bring myself to drive up the mountain with fog. The big boys came home and made a worm farm, worm swamp, and worm catapult. We headed back to Murfreesboro that afternoon. Thank you for letting us come and crash your weekend. We had a great time and a much needed getaway.

It was so nice having all the kids home for a week and doing what we wanted to do when we wanted to do it. It does make homeschooling seem appealing. Landon has been off this past week as well. I love having his help and hate to send him back to school tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the deal with these little kids? Hailey and Cy must have the same sign on them- "pick on me". Things like that happen to Hailey too but she is a lot smaller then Cy!!! What a fun and busy spring break. :)

Meghan said...

Poor Cy- he does always get picked on. I always tell Heath he's going to have it coming one day.

So glad y'all got to do so many fun things!!!

The Greens said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog and for the reminder or Taylor's belt thing-- I had totally forgotten about that! For the record, though I really will miss all the things I pictured, note that I did not post pictures of Elli's poop smeared all over our house! It seems she and Piper could go head to head for the title "Poop Princess." The only thing that works for me is putting her in the zippered one-piece jammies, and pinning the zipper up. She hasn't yet found her way out of those. In our last experience with Elli, she was found on top of the kitchen table with poop everywhere-- all over the table, chairs and floor-- and the clincher-- she was swishing it around in her mouth. Jeremy seriously about passed out.
Good luck staying sane through it all! (:

Christianne

MotherMonkee said...

Sounds like we did a lot of the same things during break. We were at the zoo on Tuesday, too! It was a beautiful day for it.