Thursday, March 18, 2010

I think the chair won

We are not very good about getting to church early or even on time for that matter, but this past Sunday we were actually a few minutes early. I had all the kids sitting in the pew quietly. Piper needed to make one last trip to the bathroom before the meeting started. Mia took her to the bathroom. A few minutes later a hear Piper screaming and crying. I jumped up, asked someone to watch the kids, picked her up and took her out before she completely disrupted everything. I had no idea what happened. She had a small red place on her cheek that quickly became larger and swollen. One of the ladies sitting in the back came out and told me that she had tripped when she was walking back in to the chapel and hit the wooden edge of the chair. I felt so sorry for her. She was in pain and it wasn't her fault. I took her to mom and dad's where she snuggled up with Meghan and put ice on it. With a little attention from her cousins, aunts, and uncle, she was ready to go back to church. Her biggest concern was whether or not her cheek was still pretty. I assured her she was still pretty even with a boo boo.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Poor Piper! I loved snuggling with her... she was a good patient. I have some pictures too that I need to put up. She got herself good.

Mama Mary said...

Poor baby. . . and she was totally innocent this time!! Still cute, tho'!!!

Steph and E said...

Poor little girl! She looks so big! I miss you!