After meeting Mrs. Jimmi Lou outside the backstage door, we headed through security together. Jimmi Lou told the girls they would love their dressing room and boy did they. Each girl has their own chair in front of a mirror that has lights all around it. They are in heaven. (I got video of the girls in the dressing room but I did not take my other camera in. I will have to do that on Monday night.)
After getting the girls dressed, we were taken to our seats. We were not to make a peep. We were only allowed to video. If one flash went off the entire production would be stopped and we would all be escorted out. They mean business!! Thankfully we all behaved and were able to film the girls.
The girls were amazing!! They are adapting so well to every new element. During their dance the maestro yelled at someone for not looking in the right direction (it wasn't one of the girls). It did not startle the girls one bit or atleast they didn't show it. They were all talking about it later.
It was one of girls birthday. Her mom got all the girls a cute necklace with Andrea Chenier stamped on it. They were so excited. Some of the Opera singers came in the dressing room and helped us sing Happy Birthday to her.
Not only are the girls all fabulous and sweet, but it is a fun group of moms. We have spent lots of time together over the last few weeks and will this next week too. We have had lots of fun!!
This has been an awesome experience for each of these girls. One they will all remember! Monday night the orchestra will be there and then Tuesday is Final Dress. I can't believe time is here.
These are the girls we carpool with to Nashville.
6 comments:
This makes me even more excited about watching her on Saturday!! I love that she gets to have this experience. I look forward to watching your video too. She is truly and beautiful and talented girl.
mia is the cutest one! although they are all very cute, I am so excited for her too!! ;) I hope you get a special mom and daughter picture on saturday so she can always remember how excited her mommy was for her and we can see you all gussied up. he he he. Have a fun time (to all the family that is going and performing). cute.
Oh how I wish I could be there- and I am sure my girls would love it too. This is an amazing experience for Mia- I am so happy for her and can't wait to see the video. Please send a copy.
Seems as though October was SO FAR away when this opportunity was first presented to Mia/you. . .and now it is here! These are lessons for a life time ~ I am so PROUD of Mia, and you, it just makes me cry with joy. Wow! The opera "world" is in a class of its own, huh? This is a precious group of girls ~ and I do agree with Lila :>) So excited to see the performance. Mia, you make me smile and cry at the same time!!
Gorgeous, just gorgeous! What an incredible opportunity for her! I just wish they were having a free family & friends show for us all to go watch! ;)
I am so exited to see the Opera on Saturday!!!!!!!Mia looks so fancy with her hair up and everything.
Kierstyn
Post a Comment