Sunday, September 26, 2010

Our first Opera Rehearsal in Nashville

Yesterday we headed to the Noah Life Opera Center in Nashville for our first rehearsal. This was the first opportunity for the Director to meet the girls and for the cast to see the girls. It was also an opportunity for the girls to hear the singing so they could become accustomed to how loud it would be. The girls did not rehearse with the cast. The cast was still practicing when we arrived. When Jimmi Lou asked the girls what they thought when they heard the cast singing for the first time they all just said "WOW". As parents, we were all so very impressed. These girls know their piece. They were perfect. A few changes needed to be made due to placement of props on the stage and the girls were easily able to make those changes. All their hard work for the last three months has paid off. I really realized yesterday what an amazing experience this is for Mia. She is dancing in a professional setting. The girls were very intimidated by the Director, but they didn't show it. They were thankful he did not stay to watch them dance. He just met them and then headed to lunch. Mrs. Jimmi Lou has prepared them well enough that I think they can handle anything.

Some of the cast stayed around and others left for lunch, but they all loved the girls. They were all so very sweet to them.

The girls got to go into the costume room. They were mesmerized by the grand costumes and wigs.

Next week we head back to the Opera Center to rehearse with the cast and then to TPAC to rehearse on the stage with costumes. The following week we have two rehearsals and then it is performance time. The next two weeks will be very busy for Mia, but wow what an experience this is!!

7 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

Yes, it is! How fun for her! I can imagine how big her eyes must have been seeing all of this and realizing she gets to be a part of it-wish we could be there to watch! You MUST post pictures as soon as you have them, okay?

Meghan said...

This is so exciting! I can't wait to see it. I will have a famous niece! This is such a great opportunity for her and I know Mia will do a fabulous job. She sure loves dance.

MotherMonkee said...

I would love to go and see her dance.

lisapenn said...

Wow, what an amazing opportunity. I had no idea. What opera is this?

Lila said...

i'm so excited for the whole family. ;) what an honor. xoxo :)

Mama Mary said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this experience/opportunity for Mia ~ and all the girls chosen. This will stay in her memory bank for sure ~ and not just the opera but all she has learned leading up to the actual performance. :>)

Anonymous said...

We are so excited and counting down the days!!!