Sunday, September 5, 2010

We are Moved!!

The moving is all done. We have made all the house swaps and are now trying to adjust and get settled. We are loving the space we have and most of all the huge yard.

Mom and Dad moved out on Saturday the 21st. Every night after that I would fill the van with as much stuff as I could. After the kids went to bed, I would go over to the house and get everything unloaded and put away. I wanted to have everything I possibly could moved before the movers came on Wednesday. I was trying to make the transition as easy as possible for the kids. Our lives are so busy I knew I needed to keep order or we would not survive. All that was left for the movers was the heavy furniture. It was well worth all the sleepless nights.

When we left for school Wednesday morning, the kids knew all of our things would be moved to our new home that afternoon. As we pulled out of our driveway, Mia started bawling. I had to control myself too. I assured Mia we would come back after school to tell everyone good bye. That helped to calm her down enough to get through school. After school we went back to the house and the kids went around giving hugs. They played with their friends that lived next door for a little bit before we had to leave. (The great thing is these two kids got into Campus School this year too so the kids still see them at school.) As we drove by their house, the little girl clung to her dad and cried. It broke my heart. We will miss seeing our friends and neighbors daily, but we will keep in contact with them.

We had the best neighbors!! They all loved my kids so much. Landon spent the summer tending for all their pets and homes while they were on vacation. Our cul-de-sac was very close and watched out for one another. We spent many nights talking out in the cul-de-sac while the kids played. It was a fun place to live!! We have so many great memories from that home. We were only there for five years but went from two to six kids during that time.

Our master bedroom has always been right next to the kids rooms. We are now at the opposite end of the house. Landon has his own room now and with that has come an unexpected responsibility. The first night we were here the kids really had a hard time sleeping. Piper fell out of her bed. Her crying woke Mia up. They both were screaming and crying (our girls are soooo dramatic) and began pacing the hallway. They were too scared to walk to the other end of the house so they decided to just go get in bed with Landon. He was very sweet and let them sleep with him until they went back to their beds. We now leave lots of lights on at night so they can find our bedroom without braving a dark room. Sleep is still a struggle for several of them, but hopefully they will adjust soon.

Adaleigh has definitely had the hardest time. In our house, her bed was a pack-n-play in my closet. She was always the best sleeper. She now is in a crib in her own room. She does not seem to like this very much. She spends most of the night crying. We have had a few good nights so hopefully this will get better soon. I guess she liked the small dark quarters she had.

Now if I can just get my life organized and figure out how I want things to function in this house, it will be good.

We are so very grateful for this opportunity we have and appreciate all our family is doing for us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking today that I want to call this week to wish Mia a happy belated birthday and see how things are going. I didn't want to interrupt any of the moving and chaos... now I can just interrupt the chaos of normal life! :) I want to see pictures once things are settled in.

Anonymous said...

Oh--- and I can relate to being scared to walk the length of the house.

Mama Mary said...

Now I'm bawling!! I LOVED your "old" neighbors too - not that I knew them so well, but because they were so good to ALL of you. It was such a safe, fun place. John will be a good neighbor as well - and Stacey, and all the others. Change is hard, however, it can be good as well. If only I could be as organized as you, Wonder Woman, in your most unorganized state I would be doing awesome! I can only wish. Jen asked me if you were hiding boxes or were you really that settled - nope, no boxes hiding. . . she REALLY is that settled and organized. (ok - there are a few boxes in the carport with Christmas decorations but that doesn't count!) You are amazing and this comment is for Zack - it is NOT normal to move into a house and be totally functioning the first night knowing where everything is - NOT normal!