Monday, November 26, 2007

I need your help

I am the Activities Committee Chairperson in our ward. This year we are doing "A Night in Bethlehem" for our Christmas party. I am hoping to decorate the gym as a street scene in Bethlehem with booths where food, toys, and drinks can be bought with a sack of coins given to each family as they enter. After everyone has had a chance to eat we will end with a program of the Christmas story. I want this to be a fun and spiritual experience. My goal is for each person to leave with a true feeling of Christmas and a joy of the birth of the Savior. I don't have much time to pull this off. If anyone has any suggestions of how to decorate or anything that might make this night a success please let me know. Thank you for any help you can give.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

I will try to think about some things. I am more than willing to help decorate too. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have it all figured out. We will let you know if we come up with any ideas!!

Anonymous said...

HA! If there is anything I know NOTHING about, it's planning a party! Glad it's you and not me....I know whatever you do will be fabulous!

gretchen said...

Darlene Caten did this once in McMinnville. I didn't go but I heard all about it.. If you want her number email me and I will pass it along.

Anonymous said...

No ideas here ~ I did hear that carob trees grow in Jerusalem ~ just as good as chocolate, huh? You can have carob raisins at a booth :>) I am available to baby-sit so you can decorate!!!!