I guess it is better to post late than never. We had a great Christmas this year. Everyone was very accommodating which made it very relaxing for us. I did revert back to my old ways and was terrible at taking pictures. I have very few to show what a great time we had.
We started our celebrations with the Slater side of the family on the Sunday night before Christmas Eve. We went to the Parthenon to eat and then came back to our house for dessert and presents. Actually there weren't suppose to be any presents but nobody listened (except for us). We had a great dinner and the kids were great. It was so nice for everybody to be willing to come to our home. We were able to put the babies to bed and let the other kids play without worrying about what they were going to break or destroy. Zack and I were able to enjoy visiting with family. It was a very enjoyable night. Thank you Slater family members for being so willing to come to our home!!
Parthenon

Christmas Eve- we always celebrate Christmas Eve at "the farm". This is the Fowler side of the family. The kids received letters from Santa and he told them he likes to stop and rest at "the farm" in Christiana. They were so excited to go to "the farm" and see if Santa would stop while we were there. Last year when he stopped, Prancer got lost in the woods. I think he was able to keep all reindeer close by this year. He sent one of his helpers inside to bring the kids a gift. We had a great dinner. Aunt Karen always goes all out for the family. We played the white elephant game with the adults and the kids exchanged presents with each other. Zack's cousin Matt has two boys, Isaac and Nevin, that my kids love playing with. The kids were once again showered with presents from all. Thank you Karen and Larry for opening your home for another great Christmas Eve.
Christmas Eve at "The Farm"




Christmas Day- we got to spend Christmas morning at home. I love seeing the excitement in the kids eyes as they walk in the room to see what Santa brought them. I did not capture that moment because I had a baby in my arms, but it was priceless. We did get a picture of all of the kids before we headed downstairs. Santa was very good to all! He even brought Cy and Piper some diapers. Boy Santa and Mrs. Claus are so smart!! Logan kept saying, "Santa came and he brought me presents!" Each of the kids were so excited and very appreciative of everything they got. They said it was the best Christmas ever. Zack and I are very thankful for those who helped make this Christmas possible for our family.
Christmas morning

Logan with his rubber boots on and choo-choo train in hand. Landon had asked for rubber boots so he could go to work with Zack. Santa brought Logan a pair too and he did not take them off for days. He even slept in them.
Logan sporting new hat, gloves, and clothes.
We gathered at Mom and Dad's house Christmas afternoon. The kids had fun playing with their cousins. I enjoyed my favorite Christmas tradition-- eating mom's famous sausage casserole. That was just the beginning of my eating. I ate all day lots of yummy, yummy stuff brought by all. The kids exchanged cousin gifts and received great bags from Mama Mary and Granddaddy. Santa left a bag of toys in the playroom filled with new toys for Mama Mary and Granddaddy's playroom. It was a great day filled with lots of fun, but again no pictures to prove it.
3 comments:
Yay for fun Christmases!!! Love the pictures....did anybody take pictures at your mom and dad's? (I didn't either!)
Yea!! As I was clicking on your link I was thinking how I missed seeing your kids... and to my surprise new pictures and posts. Thanks. I sure do miss those cuties. Is Landon already dressed Christmas morning? What a fun and busy holiday for you guys I don't know how you always pull it off.
Worth the wait ~ thankssomuch!! We might have some pictures ~ not sure. Hmmm ~ we did have fun tho'.
Post a Comment