Friday, January 11, 2008

Funny kids

Mia-- let's just say I never know how each day is going to go with Mia. I really need to read my parenting book and handle her better. Lately she has either been a very, very good helper or absolutely terrible. I promise I praise her greatly when she is good and she loves it, but says sometimes she just doesn't want to be good. Anyway, we had two mornings with major meltdowns this week. Mia is a free spirit and I am trying so very hard to pick my battles with her. So on Tuesday I let her wear the hideous outfit she put on. It was pink day--not matching pink--just anything pink she could find. I did not take a picture because then she would think it was cute. I didn't say anything either. The meltdown started when I told her she had to brush her hair. Something I ask her to do every morning. But she decided today she wanted tangly hair. She did not want her hair brushed. I could not let her go to school in the hideous outfit with tangly hair. I forced a brush through her hair and made it look decent with her screaming and crying through the whole process. Not because it hurt but because she wanted it tangly. Day #2 she actually picked out a matching outfit--great choice! But... she decided she wanted to wear her shirt backwards. What in the world goes through this child's head? I was not going to let her wear her shirt backwards. Maybe I should have, but I didn't. She definitely likes to be different! Hopefully she will use that to her advantage!!



Landon loves to play tricks on me. Yesterday I was giving him his spelling test. I was sitting on the couch feeding one of the babies. He was sitting at the table, so I wasn't watching him. I read him all his words. With a serious face, he brought me his paper...I know a few are actual words but they are not even close to his spelling words. I thought, "what in the world is wrong with him?". We had practiced his words all week and he got them right every time. I didn't know what to say. I just kept looking at the paper trying to figure out what he had done. He burst into laughter and hands me another piece of paper with his spelling words spelled correctly. He said, "I got you good that time!!" He was so proud of himself and couldn't wait to tell Daddy. He had two pieces of paper with him. He would write his spelling word on one and some off the wall letters on the other. I must admit he got me good!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Landon cracks me up!! Mia, on the otherhand, reminds a little too much a certain someone living at my house--scary--but at least we're not alone!

Anonymous said...

If I laugh any harder I may go into labor. I think it is pretty safe to say that "fashion" may be the career for Mia. And Landon will be just like his dad!! :)

Heather said...

I have gone through the horrible outfit thing with all my girls. I stopped fighting the battle when Meredith was in 1st grade. They all have gone to school looking so horrible. My mom would die if she had seen some! Maggie is still in that stage, but the others are better now:)

Meghan said...

oh man!!! Your kids are too funny!!! Mia- well, maybe she has too much of me in her. Sorry Kenz, maybe things will get better in about 15 years. Gotta love her!!!

Landon is a hoot! I can picture your face trying to figure out what he wrote and I can picture his face being so excited that he really got you good.