**warning** there are many run on sentences and it is a very long post
For the most part, I like to plan things and make lists of what needs to be done and what time I will be doing that. Wednesday was one of those days I needed to plan and stick to my plan. Things started off wrong--got better--then went downhill. On Tuesday I developed a crazy foot/toe pain. I could not put any pressure on my left big toe. I never knew how much I used my big toe. After a day of crawling up and down the steps with two babies, entertaining four children at wrestling practice, bathing and getting everyone in bed (way past bedtime), I was exhausted. Zack and I both decided if I just went to bed it would be all better when I woke up in the morning. I woke up to find it had only gotten worse. I decided I couldn't go another day with a hurt foot and it was just going to have to get better. I had way to much to do today. I worked through the pain and rubbed my toe and amazingly it helped. I still had a little pain, but I could put some pressure on it. Now I was off to conquer my day. Zack and I had business things to take care of- phone calls, fliers, faxes, emails.... Not very hard things just time consuming! I wanted to have all that done before I had to pick the kids up from school. I got the kids (mine + 1) from school and we went to Zack's shop to drop off final paperwork and check the mail. It is tax time and I was waiting for some important papers in the mail. I was on track... we headed to Kroger because I needed to pick up a few things. I forgot that Wednesday is Senior Citizen day at Kroger. Once I got through the parking lot which took a little longer than usual letting all those sweet ladies cross the road, I found a parking place and realized I was being followed. A lady had been following me through the parking lot because she saw my Arbonne sticker and wanted to talk to me about Arbonne. Before I unloaded all six kids, I talked with her for a minute, gave her a catalog and business card, and told her I would follow up later. Finally I unloaded everybody and we headed in the store. I successfully got the few things I needed ignoring all comments I received and only being stopped once by someone to admire the babies (yes, they are very cute and yes I have my hands full so let me shop!!!). Actually I love showing off my five wonderful children but when I am in a hurry or on a time crunch to meet feeding schedules, I don't have time to go through the names and ages of each kid, what I do each minute of each day, and how we make it through the store with a smile on our face. It really is not bad and very doable. Many of you have been in my shoes or are in my shoes right now. You know you just do what you have to do. I have had many funny stories in Kroger's but that is for another blog. We headed home to give the kids a snack, do homework and get ready for dance. The plan--take Mia and Olivia to dance; come home and get Landon's wrestling clothes, pack food for the babies to feed them at wrestling practice, and finish up any last minute things to be ready for school; pick Mia and Olivia up at dance; take Landon to wrestling practice; take Olivia home; go back to wrestling practice; feed the babies while waiting for Landon; and finally go home to eat dinner, shower, and go to bed!!! Easy... it was all planned. What happened--I dropped Mia and Olivia off at dance, pulled out on Thompson Lane heading home and bam the trouble started. My van made the worst sound I have ever heard come from a vehicle. I just had my brakes worked on last week, but something went terribly wrong. Not knowing what to do I pulled over and tried to call Zack-no answer. I called Dad, who in turn called John, our service guy/wrestling coach/ family friend. I talked to John described what happened and he told me to turn around and drive straight there. I wasn't far so I did. They drove it into the shop and jacked it up with me and the four kids in the car. An hour later it was fixed. Luckily during this time Zack was able to go home, get Landon's wrestling clothes and shoes, pick Mia and Olivia up at dance, and meet us at College Motors. Perfect timing. We swapped kids- he took Landon to wrestling and I took Olivia home. Zack's appointments got cancelled for that night so he was able to stay at wrestling with Landon and I headed home to cook dinner, feed babies, and get the four I had in bed before Zack got home. Though my day didn't go as planned, it all worked out!! These are the days you just have to laugh and are so happy when you can get in bed!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
McKenzie, So I THOUGHT I wanted 4 kids (maybe), but I don't know after that story. I don't see how on earth you manage to make it through the day. I would have had a migraine by noon. :)
You do what you have to do. SO pleased this is in writing, other-wise this would only be forgotten as the years go by. YOU make it do-able with your winning smile and positive attitude. As always, you are an inspiration. Thank you.
AND, a huge thank you to Zack for being a supportive, helpful husband and daddy!!
I don't even know where to begin...
You need to make a sign for people at stores... that was the funniest part. Sounds to me that your day ended up better then planned- that is if you took the hour at John's to actually relax (try it sometime).
I have just had to laugh many times through the years. I am sure there are many more laughs to come. One day we will look back and wish for these days back :)
You wear me out girl!!!! Man, I don't whether to laugh or cry. You are truly my hero!!!
Post a Comment